The Cambridge Housing Authority seeks applicants for the above referenced position in which the incumbent will be responsible for a specific caseload which may vary on an annual basis. A major responsibility will be to ensure accurate and timely processing of all data related to applicant and participant/residents of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. The incumbent will be responsile for scheduling, eligibility, lease-ups, and file management as well as performing annual and interim certifications.
This is a non-supervisory position in which the incumbent will be responsible for a specific leased housing caseload but not necessarily the same caseload on a yearly basis. The underlying responsibility is to ensure accurate and timely processing of all data related to applicants, participants/residents of both the leased housing programs as well as public housing. He/She will be responsible for waitlist management, scheduling, eligibility, lease-up and file packaging in both the leased housing programs as well as public housing. He/She will perform annual and interim certifications in the leased housing programs and if needed in Public Housing. In addition, the incumbent will sit as an active member of the Emergency Review Committee. Responsibilities will also include HQS inspections as needed/required in the leased housing programs and as needed in public housing as well as home visits required as part of the initial screening process for public housing.
- Interview applicants, participants or residents to gather information pertaining to eligibility, continued participation and initial lease-up.
- Verify information presented for eligibility, recertification and rent computation.
- Accurately determine participant/residents rents in accordance with current guidelines.
- Prepare leases, contracts, and other documents as needed.
- Process and implement rent increases by determining rent reasonableness and putting necessary adjustments into the computer.
- Conduct annual and interim recertifications accurately and on a timely basis in the leased housing programs and as needed in Public Housing..
- Responsible for appropriate scheduling of own time.
- Tracking of inspections, initial certifications, annual certifications and interim certifications.
- Conducts HQS inspections as required and in a timely manner.
- Tracking of vacant public housing units and the maintenance of eligible/certified housing applicants.
- Prepare ineligibility write-ups as needed.
- Enter applicant, participant, tenant or unit information into the computer as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain paper files for various programs with various requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of program regulations and CHA policies and procedures to
- efficiently and accurately carry out position responsibilities.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements as well as Administrative Plan and Admissions and Continued Occupancy policies.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the various programs administered within the Department and be able to communicate this information clearly, consistently and articulately either in person or by phone.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to discuss schedules, workloads, quality control issues, revised policies and procedures.
- Participate as an active member of the Emergency Review Committee, performing initial intake, presentation of cases and recommendation write-ups.
- Attend Weekly Emergency Review Committee meetings
- Responsible for the initial determination of eligibility in the leased housing programs and/or public housing programs and be able to clearly and articulately discuss or write a memo pertaining to said determination.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer/word processing skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to accurately perform mathematical computations.
- Must be able to prepare detailed memorandums pertaining to ineligibility and denial of emergency status.
- Ability to communicate clearly by phone or in person.
- Ability to understand procedures and programs and to assist others in understanding such procedures and programs.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Commitment:Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands, monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, goals, objectives, operational entities, requirements and activities as they apply to the assigned area of responsibility in CHA
- Ability to communicate clearly by phone or in person
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong general mathematical skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams
Please send cover letter and resume to: Cambridge Housing Authority.362 Green Street.3rd Floor.Cambridge, MA 02139.Attn: Human Resources Department
Electronic submissions may be made to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: MARCH 28, 1997
Please reference position title in subject line.
It is the policy of the Cambridge Housing Authorty to give preference in employment to Section-3 eligible individuals. The Cambridge Housing Authority is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Minorities, handicapped and others are encouraged to apply.TDD 1-800-545-1833, x 112 Teleommunications divices for the deal)
The Agency offers a competitive benefits program including health insurance through the Group Insurance Commission, FSA's, Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental insurance, the State Retirement System, additional voluntary benefits, and MBTA Corporate T-Pass Program.