ROAD TO REOPENING: PHASE 2 UPDATES
Effective July 6, 2021, the Cambridge Housing Authority will move into Phase 2 of the agency’s reopening plan. Please read the following updates pertaining to CHA’s continuity of services:
- For a second consecutive year, CHA will not switch to summer hours and will continue to operate during normal business hours.
- Central office staff members at 362 Green Street will begin to transition back to in-person working on a two day per week basis while continuing to provide services remotely until Sept. 7, at which time staff will return full-time.
- The central office will remain closed to walk-ins during this time. Only authorized pre-scheduled personnel, clients, and visitors will be permitted and granted entry. If an in-person meeting is required, you should reach out to your CHA contact directly or by leaving a message through the main number.
- Maintenance teams at CHA properties will be staffed full-time. Property management offices will be staffed during normal business hours on a rotating hybrid model and will be open to the public by appointment only.
- CHA’s main phone line (617-864-3020) will now direct to the CHA reception desk at the central office. The answering service will remain as backup to ensure timely responses by appropriate personnel or departments.
- Secure drop-box bins for important documents and files will remain in place at the central office entrance and at all CHA sites.
- CHA residents can continue to call their respective property office for any work order requests. For requests during non-business hours, residents can call the CHA main phone line for the answering service to intake and dispatch the inquiry.
CHA is able to be thoughtful and flexible about this phased-in return to the office plan because of the extraordinarily high quality of service provided to our residents and participants through our current hybrid staffing model. Our agency has learned that by leveraging online tools, increasing phone calls, and managing mail processes we can serve our clients in a much more efficient way.
We are proud of the effort put forth by CHA employees to help our residents navigate a pandemic without a gap in services and for participating in initiatives to help protect against the virus. The CHA strongly encourages those who are not yet fully vaccinated to do so in order to help reduce the rate of infection in our community.