ROAD TO REOPENING UPDATES
Effective September 7, 2021, the Cambridge Housing Authority will begin moving into the next phase of the agency’s reopening plan. Please read the following updates pertaining to CHA’s continuity of services:
- CHA will continue to operate during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Central office staff members at 362 Green Street will increase to working in the office three days per week until Phase 3 begins in October and will continue to provide services remotely. CHA staff members must be fully vaccinated, or otherwise, tested twice per week while wearing a mask at all times.
- The central office will remain closed to walk-ins during this time. Only authorized pre-scheduled personnel, clients, and visitors will be permitted and granted entry. If an in-person meeting is required, you should reach out to your CHA contact directly or by leaving a message through the main number.
- Maintenance teams at CHA properties will be staffed full-time. Property management offices will be staffed during normal business hours on a rotating hybrid schedule and will be open to the public by appointment only.
- CHA’s main phone line (617-864-3020) will continue directing to the CHA reception desk at the central office during normal business hours. The answering service will remain as backup to ensure timely responses by appropriate personnel or departments.
- Secure drop-box bins for important documents and files will remain in place at the central office entrance and at all CHA sites.
- CHA residents can continue to call their respective property office for any work order requests. For requests during non-business hours, residents can call the CHA main phone line for the answering service to intake and dispatch the inquiry.
CHA is able to be thoughtful and flexible about this phased-in return to the office plan because of the extraordinarily high quality of service provided to our residents and participants through our current hybrid staffing model. Our agency has learned that by leveraging online tools, increasing phone calls, and managing mail processes we can serve our clients in a much more efficient way. We are proud of the effort put forth by CHA employees to help our residents navigate a pandemic without a gap in services and for participating in initiatives to help protect against the virus. The CHA strongly encourages those who are not yet fully vaccinated to do so in order to help reduce the rate of infection in our community.To download the graphic, click here.
Free COVID Testing AvailablePer the City of Cambridge: Beginning on August 8, the City is adding an additional free COVID-19 testing site at 50 Church Street from 2 pm – 6 pm. As a reminder, COVID-19 testing is also available Mondays (4 pm- 8 pm) and Thursdays (11am- 3 pm) inside CambridgeSide mall. Click here for more information.
CHA Residents Receive COVID VaccinesMARCH 2021 – A tremendous thank you to the Cambridge Public Health Department and the Cambridge Fire Department for their partnership in administering over 1,500 vaccines for CHA residents and staff at sites housing our most vulnerable populations. In addition to this initiative, residents who did not participate in this effort had already either received a vaccine or made prior arrangements through their medical provider.
Are You a Landlord Looking to Fill a Unit Vacancy? CHA Can HelpIf you would like your rental unit(s) to be added to our weekly Apartment Listings to market to CHA Section 8 voucher holders who are searching, please click here. Renting your unit to a Section 8 participant means that you – the landlord – will still receive full rental payment even if the tenant’s income changes. CHA currently works with over 1,000 landlords housing over 7,000 families in Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) Memo Updates
- Temporary Revision to Cambridge Employment Preference
- Temporary Revision to Interim Policies
- Revision to Emergency Criteria Policy
- City of Cambridge Mayor’s Disaster Relief Fund
- City of Cambridge Face Covering Updates
- Printable Fact Sheets via Mass.gov
- COVID Testing in Cambridge