Cambridge Winter Farmers Market & SNAP Matching Program
SNAP accepted and matched up to $15! This means if you spend $15 from your SNAP account, you’ll have $30 to spend at the market! Anyone with a SNAP/EBT card can shop and participate in the SNAP Matching Program every week.
Local fruits, vegetables, herbs, meat, fish, cheese & eggs. Hot coffee, fresh juice, warm breakfast, plenty of lunch options, and prepared foods.
Come enjoy live music, free samples, and activities for all ages each week!
5 Callender Street/Cambridge Community Center
Center for Families
Are you a dad, mom, grandparent, uncle, aunt, cousin, nanny, or childcare provider of a child up to 8 years old? The Center for Families would love to see you year-round at one of our groups or events! We have lots of free activities for Cambridge families.
Are you looking for information or resources? We have that too! We can help get you connected with all Cambridge has to offer.
The Center for Families offers:
• Family Fun Days (January & June of each year)
• Dads and Kids at the Gym (for dads and their children only)
• Basketball for Dads
• Infant Playgroups
• Baby Massage Classes
• Parent/Child Playgroups
• Family Fun Events (evenings and weekends)
• Groups and activities just for moms
• Cambridge Book Bike (summer)
• Playgroups in the parks (summer)
You do not need to apply for our program. All Cambridge families with children up to 8 years old are welcome.
Find It Cambridge
Our city has an amazing array of opportunities for those who live and work here. Find It Cambridge is a website to help you find activities, services, and resources in Cambridge.
- Filter by age, category, location and/or cost
- Sign up for reminders about upcoming events
- Report information that is outdated or inaccurate
- Much more!
Manager, Hector Acevedo
Let’s Talk! is a free early literacy program for all families in Cambridge with children up to 8 years old.
You can be a part of the Let’s Talk! program by:
• Signing up for a one-on-one literacy visit
• Attending a parent workshop
• Attending a parent-child playgroup
• Attending an event for dads
• Participating in StoryWalks in the community and getting free books
• Signing up to receive a weekly literacy tip via text
Pathways to Family Success
Pathways to Family Success is a free program that helps immigrant families better understand the U.S. school system, support their children’s learning, and connect to community resources.
- Parent Workshops
- Parent Support, including one-on-one support sessions with staff and group sessions for parents to connect with other parents
- Children’s activities and computer time: arts and crafts, literacy activities, computer games
- Free children’s books
Duration of program: Saturdays, 10 am-12:30 pm, October through May
Eligibility requirements: Cambridge families with children K-3rd grade. Family must be eligible for public housing or section 8. Parent must speak English as a second language.
(617) 665- 3827