RESIDENT Art Contest Guidelines
- Artwork must be related to the theme HOUSING AND COMMUNITY and support the
spirit of COMMUNITY.
- The contest entry must be an original work of art or photography by a current resident of
Cambridge public housing/RAD or a Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher) participant.
Entry may be used by Cambridge Housing Authority for display on website, included in
flyers such as this one, and in other informational and marketing materials.
- Each artist may submit only one entry.
- The artist’s name, age, medium used, address, email address (if one is available) and
phone number should be indicated on the back of the artwork. Please include clear
directions on return of artwork.
- Artwork may not exceed 81/2” x 11”.
- Provide a one paragraph description of the artwork on a separate piece of paper or in the
body of your email. Please remember to include your contact information at the end of the
- Any medium may be used but please note that the winning artwork will be scanned and
converted to an electronic format, if it is not already presented in such format.
- The winning artwork will be displayed as the inside cover design for the CHA FY 2024
MTW Annual Plan and Report.
- The artist whose work wins 1st Place will also have a dedicated space in the Annual Plan
and Report in which his/her artwork is featured.
A brief description of the artist’s background and interest in the arts will be published in no
more than three paragraphs.
- CHA employees and their immediate family members and/or members of their household
are not eligible to enter or win.
- If you have additional questions, contact Zach Gordon, 617-405-5097 or
- All entries must arrive in the mail by NOON on October 2, 2023 to the following
address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (note: entries can be dropped
off in person): Cambridge Housing Authority
362 Green Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
ATTN: POLICY LAB –ART CONTEST