Please read the following updates pertaining to the Cambridge Housing Authority’s phased reopening plan, effective March 28, 2022:
- The central office remains open to the public during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5PM. Appointments are strongly encouraged. Upon arrival, visitors are asked to check-in by utilizing the QR code posted in the downstairs lobby and CHA reception area.
- Face coverings at CHA offices and property common areas are now optional but recommended. If a resident, client, or visitor requests that an employee wear a mask, then the employee will have to wear a mask for the duration of the interaction, including in units. Any CHA staff member who is not yet fully vaccinated is required to self-certify prior to entering CHA spaces, wear a mask, and must submit proof of a negative COVID test twice per week.
- Central office staff members at 362 Green Street are working three days to five days per week on schedules ensuring adequate office coverage and optimal customer service, and will continue to provide services remotely as needed.
- Maintenance teams at CHA properties are staffed full-time. Property management offices are staffed during normal business hours and will be open to the public by appointment only. Each site will do its best to conduct walk-in hours, which is at the discretion of each property management office.
- CHA’s main phone line (617-864-3020) will continue directing to the CHA reception desk at the central office during normal business hours. The answering service will remain active as backup to ensure timely responses by appropriate personnel or departments and to be available for any emergency work order requests by residents during non-business hours. CHA residents can continue to call their respective property office for regular work order requests.
- Secure drop-box bins for important documents and files remain in place at the central office entrance and at all CHA sites.
CHA is able to be thoughtful and flexible about this phased-in return to the office plan because of the extraordinarily high quality of service provided to our residents and participants through our current hybrid staffing model. Our agency has learned that by leveraging online tools, increasing phone calls, and managing mail processes we can serve our clients in a much more efficient way. We are proud of the effort put forth by CHA employees to help our residents navigate a pandemic without a gap in services and for participating in initiatives to help protect against the virus.
The CHA strongly encourages those who are not yet fully vaccinated and boosted to do so in order to help reduce the rate of infection in our community.
To download the graphic, click here.
City of Cambridge COVID Testing
Click here for more information, including dates and locations.
One CHA: 2021 Year in Review Now Available
We are proud to offer an insightful and visually appealing look back at our agency in 2021 with the latest installment of our ‘One CHA’ annual publication.
Flip through the e-version today! Click here to view.
Change of Income
If you are a CHA resident or voucher participant and have had a change in income or expenses, you may contact your Leasing Officer or Property Manager directly to request an Interim Recertification, or click here to make the request and someone will follow up with you.
CHA Residents Receive COVID Vaccines
A tremendous thank you to the Cambridge Public Health Department and the Cambridge Fire Department for their partnership in administering over 1,500 vaccines for CHA residents and staff at sites housing our most vulnerable populations. In addition to this initiative, residents who did not participate in this effort had already either received a vaccine or made prior arrangements through their medical provider.
Are You a Landlord Looking to Fill a Unit Vacancy? CHA Can Help
If you would like your rental unit(s) to be added to our weekly Apartment Listings to market to CHA Section 8 voucher holders who are searching, please click here.
Renting your unit to a Section 8 participant means that you – the landlord – will still receive full rental payment even if the tenant’s income changes. CHA currently works with over 1,000 landlords housing over 7,000 families in Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) Memo Updates
- Temporary Revision to Cambridge Employment Preference
- Temporary Revision to Interim Policies
- Revision to Emergency Criteria Policy
And for quick reference, Section 8 voucher holders are welcome to check the CHA’s regularly updated Apartment Listing by clicking here.
- Find a Vaccine Location (MA)
- Vaccine FAQ’s
- City of Cambridge COVID-19 Information Page
- Printable Fact Sheets via Mass.gov
- COVID Testing in Cambridge
- CDC Travel Page
For regular updates, follow the Cambridge Housing Authority on Twitter @CambHousing.