Online Rent Payments: Coming Soon!
Please note: The online rent payment feature is currently available to residents of Porter Road Apartments only. More sites will be added in the coming months. Stay tuned!
Services and Programs
Click here to visit our Resident Services page to learn more about our award-winning programs.
Public Housing Lease
CHA’s Public Housing Lease is the contract between CHA and each public housing tenant. The lease is signed by CHA and the household when tenancy begins.
The Public Housing Lease includes:
- The monthly rent amount
- When rent is due
- What happens if residents do not pay rent
- Duration of the lease
- How many occupants may live in the unit
- Policies regarding apartment inspection
- Requests to modify an apartment because of a disability
- All other essential information for a successful tenancy in public housing
CHA encourages residents to read the lease and become familiar with its information.
Work Orders (Requesting Repairs)
Residents may request service and repairs for their unit by calling their site management office. CHA staff members are available to assist residents Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You will need to provide:
- Your address
- A description of the work required
- Permission to enter
- Your phone number
CHA is responsible for needed repairs caused by normal wear and tear, like a leaky faucet or broken screen.
A maintenance fee may be charged when residents or their guests are responsible for damages to an apartment.
Please do not ask maintenance workers to make repairs. They are not allowed to do any work not assigned to them by the site manager.
After-Hours Maintenance And Emergencies
For life-threatening emergencies such as fire, floods, or criminal activity, please dial 9-1-1 immediately.
For after-hours maintenance emergencies such as minor flood, no heat, etc. residents should call CHA’s main number: (617) 864-3020. An answering service takes these calls and relays messages to CHA’s on-call maintenance staff, who will respond and follow up.
CHA Rent Schedules
Download a PDF of all rent schedules.
Rent Schedules were updated on June 1, 2023. Rents are subject to change, and the information here may not include the most recent changes.
Please visit our Program Forms page for access to other important forms.
- Your ability to move may depend on the type of assistance you have (i.e. tenant-based or project-based voucher).
- For voucher holders, contact your Leasing Officer to set up a move appointment. They need to determine if you are eligible to move and may need to update your income and other information.
- For current CHA residents living at one of our sites, contact your property management office about a transfer to obtain the official Transfer Request Form or click below to download or view it now: