ROAD TO REOPENING
Please read the following updates pertaining to the Cambridge Housing Authority’s continuity of services, effective October 4, 2021:
- The central office is now open for appointments. Only authorized pre-scheduled personnel, clients, and visitors will be permitted and granted entry. Upon arrival, visitors are asked to check-in by utilizing the QR code posted in the downstairs lobby and CHA reception area.
- CHA will continue to operate during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5PM.
- Central office staff members at 362 Green Street are now in the office three days per week on staggered schedules and will continue to provide services remotely as needed. CHA staff members must be fully vaccinated or otherwise test for COVID twice per week. Employees must wear masks at all times.
- Maintenance teams at CHA properties are staffed full-time. Property management offices are staffed during normal business hours and will be open to the public by appointment only. Each site will do its best to ease into walk-in hour sessions, which is at the discretion of each property management office.
- CHA’s main phone line (617-864-3020) will continue directing to the CHA reception desk at the central office during normal business hours. The answering service will remain as backup to ensure timely responses by appropriate personnel or departments.
- Secure drop-box bins for important documents and files will remain in place at the central office entrance and at all CHA sites.
- CHA residents can continue to call their respective property office for any work order requests. For requests during non-business hours, residents can call the CHA main phone line for the answering service to intake and dispatch the inquiry to our maintenance team.
CHA is able to be thoughtful and flexible about this phased-in return to the office plan because of the extraordinarily high quality of service provided to our residents and participants through our current hybrid staffing model. Our agency has learned that by leveraging online tools, increasing phone calls, and managing mail processes we can serve our clients in a much more efficient way. We are proud of the effort put forth by CHA employees to help our residents navigate a pandemic without a gap in services and for participating in initiatives to help protect against the virus.
The CHA strongly encourages those who are not yet fully vaccinated to do so in order to help reduce the rate of infection in our community.